The Prizes 2024 will be awarded in four established categories based on the thematic axes of transformation that guide the delivery of the New European Bauhaus:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- Shaping a circular industrial ecosystem and supporting life-cycle thinking
In each of the four categories, two parallel competition strands are established:
- Strand A: 'New European Bauhaus Champions' - will be devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: 'New European Bauhaus Rising Stars' - will be devoted to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 years old or younger. The concepts can be at different levels of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level.
For the first time, we welcome applications of projects and concepts in Ukraine, in addition to EU Member-States and the Western Balkans.
In this edition, we will award the 'Special Recognition to Ukraine's Reconstruction and Recovery Effort' prizes to support Ukraine's reconstruction and recovery effort and recognize the country's commitment to build back better. Please see specifications regarding the eligibility criteria to these prizes in the Guide to Applicants.
The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2024 will also put the spotlight on regions across the EU facing more intensively socio-economic constrains, and places challenged the most by the need to evolve to a carbon neutral economy. One fourth of the Prizes will be awarded to projects and concepts with a positive transformative role for these regions. The maps and lists of the regions considered are available in the Guide to Applicants.
A total of 20 winners (first place) and runners-up (second place) will be selected by an expert jury and by an online public vote.
The winners and runners-up will receive a monetary prize of:
- EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A)
- EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B)
- EUR 20,000 for runners-up of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A)
- EUR 10,000 for runners-up of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B)
- EUR 30,000 for the winner of the ‘Special Recognition to Ukraine’s Reconstruction and Recovery Effort’ prize.
- EUR 15,000 for the runner-up of the ‘Special Recognition to Ukraine’s Reconstruction and Recovery Effort’ prize.
In addition to a monetary amount, each winner and runner-up will benefit from a communication package provided by the European Commission to help them further promote and develop their projects and concepts.
Applications for the New European Bauhaus Prizes should be submitted through this platform by the deadline: 10 November 2023 at 19:00 CET. The language of the applications is English.
You can start applying by clicking in the button below. Before applying, you will be asked to create a profile in europa.eu, which is mandatory in order to proceed with the application.
The Guide to Applicants describes the application and selection process in detail and contains all rules applicable to the competition. You are also welcomed to consult the FAQ section available in this platform for further information.
You can send your questions regarding the application and selection process to: EC-Contact-NEB-Prizes@ec.europa.eu.
Please do not wait until the final deadline to submit your application in order to avoid last minute problems, such as page loading delays that may occur around the closing of submissions.
Only applications that are submitted by the official deadline will be considered.